Subject: Re: Upgrading across platforms
From: [email-masked] (Phil South)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 95 11:22 GMT

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
> I haven't heard a dicky-bird from them.  I have
> heard from members of the club I'm in (based in Glasgow, Scotland), that 
> this is quite common.  I don't know if this is because we are outside
> the US.
>   
> Steve Criddle, Folkestone, Kent, England

This is VERY common from US companies in general, and I deal with a LOT of 
them. The UK might as well be on the moon. I suspect it's because they 
think it's too expensive to send a letter or make a 5 minute phone call to 
keep in touch. I think I have heard a few mutterings from NewTek recently 
which may signal a change to this attitude. Once they get straightened out 
with email, they may be easier to contact. They didn't used to answer their 
Compuserve account for MONTHS sometimes, though.

---
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil South <[email-masked]>    "So, five card stud,
---------------------------------------     nothing wild, and
     <[email-masked]>              the sky's the limit!"
        <[email-masked]>                      Captain Jean-Luc Picard
        <[email-masked]>
       <[email-masked]>
------------------------------------------------------------------------